Friday, March 4, 2011

Hitting the Jackpot!

I want to introduce you to my “best buddy.” He lives in Mississippi and we call him, D. We have such fun together. D and I love to play at his house, at my house, at church, at the park, really anywhere we go. Coming down to MS was hard at first. I missed everything in New Jersey. I missed my house, my dog, my family. I was sad. But my first night in our MS house D came to greet us. I was so scared of the new adults I met, but D made me feel comfortable. From that night on, I always asked mom if I could go to D’s house.

I want to tell you also how Jesus used D. We are raising money to go to Uganda to tell them about Jesus. D has heard about what we are doing and he wanted to help. He decided to give all the money he was saving to Jesus to use in Uganda. Mom was so touched she cried, she is such a girl. 

D brought his bag of money he had been saving to church. He gave it to me during the communion service but I dropped it. Spilled it is more like it. Coin by coin it fell to the concrete floor. It made a loud noise and people started looking at us. At first we were embarrassed but mom said it made Jesus so happy to hear all those coins being given to help others. Jesus was so proud of D.

After the service people started asking us what happened. Mom kept saying that Jesus was laughing with us. Aunt Fran said it sounded like I hit the jackpot. I don’t think I did, but I know that Jesus did. All the coins D gave will help to train the pastors in Uganda so they can share Jesus' love with others.


D’s mom was proud of him and his choice. Are you like D? Would you give all that you have been saving to Jesus? Would you give your time and talents to help someone who might be scared and struggling? What is Jesus asking of you today? Is Jesus in Heaven looking down and laughing with you? Is Jesus proud of you and your choices? I hope and pray that in all I do I can make Jesus proud like D did.

No comments:

Post a Comment