Sunday, May 22, 2011

Different, Not Bad, Just Different

Jambo from Uganda! We are here safely. We have been praying for a long time that Jesus would get us here and He answered our prayer! He is amazing. We are in the capital city for a week trying to get used to a new time zone. Did you know our day starts 7 hours earlier than yours? So that means I have to teach my body to wake up earlier, go to bed earlier, and eat at different times. I think I am getting the hang of it.

There are lots of things that are different here. Instead of eating apples for snack like I do in the states, I eat mango. When we go to someone’s house, instead of knocking we say, “hodi!” And instead of someone opening a door, they say, “karibu” which means “you are welcome to come in.” Ugandans drive on the other side of the road. There are so many different things, not different bad, just different.

I am learning a lot. Will you pray for me and Ben as we learn all these new things? I am so excited to see my new house. We will drive up to our new home in Arua next week. Will you also pray that we make friends quickly? I miss you lots. Thanks for praying for us and know that we are praying for you too!

*This is a friend we found in our kitchen. So fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment